Day 184 "...it's only getting better!"

!!!!!!!!!Party Time!!!!!!!!!




Oh yeah…go me…doing the cabbage patch….oh yeah….go me!

It has been half a year since I started this journey and it has taken me in directions that I didn’t think was possible. The therapy I have received from writing has been priceless. I don’t think I can ever give up writing again! (I am still behind on my book, but I have forgiven myself for that and 2011 will bring a few other goals for the year – my book’s included.)

To get my 1 year anniversary date, I looked back to the day that I started this blog and it was on Wednesday June 9th. Holy shitballs of fire – really?!!!! Hold on, I need to check that date again…

Yep, I started on June 9th! Normally I wouldn’t be so surprised, but June 9th is my brother’s birthday! In a few short weeks, the day before I turn 30 again (ok, I’ve turned thirty a lot of times – shhhhh!) will mark the 2nd anniversary of my brother’s death. So I ask myself, could I have really started on his birthday? A day that I knew I was going to be sad and depressed?

Well folks! The computer doesn’t lie when it comes to post dates! I guess I did unconsciously start on his birthday. Ummm it was 5am too – my mind doesn’t work that well at 5am…

Man…this actually makes me feel kind of good knowing…the date that is, not that my mind doesn’t work well.

In half a year I have gone up and down (literally), been guided in various directions and lost and found my motivation to keep going.

In half a year I. Have. Not. Quit.

In half a year I have proved to myself that I can do anything as long as I first “think” I can do anything.

In half a year I am still here, still learning and still moving forward.

Anyway, I am going to celebrate!


Hell yeah!

Maybe I will go to lunch with some friends, watch a movie by myself this afternoon, and get a new pair of shoes! Or, maybe I will hit the gym for 2 hours instead of one today, since I have a few goals to accomplish before my 1 year anniversary! After 1pm today - anything is possible!

In the next half year I have set up a few goals that I want to accomplish…

1. Attain my PT Certification in January and begin…

2. Participate in one of the Marines military Mud Runs.

3. Run (I repeat RUN) a half marathon. (Which is going to require that I get over my extreme dislike of running. – ughhhhh – you might want to keep watching out for a backup goal to #3.) Not kidding! ;-)

This past half year has been the therapeutic healing that I have needed for some time and it’s only getting better.

For me, it has been about baby steps. Taking the necessary baby steps each and every day, so that I could look back and say that I DID IT! Baby steps are the Building Blocks upon which I am constructing and manifesting my own celebrity future! Oh yeah - you read correctly! I am going to be a celebrity people (of course in my own way...) mmmkay?!

I feel a “Building Blocks U.S. Tour” coming on…the excitement is increasing by the minute!

(Doodlebug is not old enough for a World Tour yet, just in case you were wondering why I wrote U.S. Tour.)

Thank you to everyone for your support! May the support you give to me come back to you ten-fold!


Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations this is true milestone! Go celebrate and definitely get the shoes! lol.
    But wait, two hours at the gym? You don't have to get it all in today! lol.

    ReplyDelete