Day 188 - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Rhonda Byrnes writes: “to change our lives, at some point we have to decide that, rather than suffer anymore, we are going to live in happiness. And the only way we can do that is to make the decision to look for things to appreciate, no matter what.”


I write this because I am having a hard time even liking people today, and it is only 8:30am.

I don’t know what is wrong with me today, but it might have started this morning when I spent 30 minutes looking for either the tops or bottoms to several business suits with no success for a match. The more I looked, the angrier I got and when I finally stepped on several shoes (that are piled up across my closet floor because there is no more room on my shoe shelf) it made me fall to my knees because my foot cramped – I took that as the sign to stop my thoughts of negativity and get ready or go naked - whichever, but just get the hell out of the closet already!

Now I could easily blame the girls since they have been helping with laundry again and have been hanging up my clothes for me, but I can also direct blame to myself for having 15,000 pieces of clothing cram-packed into a 12x9 x double rack closet!

If I take Rhonda Byrnes’ advice and look for things to appreciate it is very easy for me. I fully appreciate the clothes and shoes that I have been able to acquire (I just don’t appreciate the disorganized chaos), so I will take this morning’s episode as another sign that during this holiday season, maybe I need to get rid of a lot of the stuff in my closet to those that haven’t had the small luxuries that I have had and finally get organized in my closet! (The rest of the house is a slow process, but it IS proceeding nonetheless.)

I mean we, as a family, sponsor children every year from the Giving Tree, so why not expand on our giving, right?

Until then…



Or until my attitude changes toward the more positive today…

I will be hiding out in fear of spreading my early morning negativity.

________________________________________
So leave me alone.

Don’t knock on my door.

I will call you, don’t call me.

And keep your impatient ass away from me where I can’t see you waiting – that will just delay my recovery time.


No matter how hard I try, I guess I can't be happy ALL the time...life happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment